For a comfortable and enjoyable stay we have put together a list of what to bring and what not to bring to camp.
Some things are not permitted on the Mountain Trails site so please be sure to read this list carefully.
What to bring
- Shirts with sleeves, long pants for horse riding, hiking and motorbikes (senior camp only). (Please ensure clothing is sun smart)
- Jumper (it can be cold at night)
- Warm clothes
- Closed in shoes for hiking and riding – closed in shoes are worn all the time
- Water proof parka or raincoat
- Bed linen – sleeping bag, sheets, pillow, pillow slips, blankets, etc.
- Water bottle
- Old shoes and clothes and/or overalls for caving
- Clothes that can get stained for messy activities
- Plastic bag for dirty and/or wet clothes
- Sunscreen, hat and insect repellent
FOR DIRT BIKE CAMP – you must bring proper protective boots – normal sneakers/joggers are not sufficient. A hydration pack/camel back is highly recommended
What NOT to bring
- Any expensive items which may be “misplaced”
- Mobile phones (reception is non existent or patchy), iPods, iPads, MP3 players or any device that can be connected to the internet. If campers are found to have these devices they will be confiscated and no responsibility will be taken. Campers have access to a land line phone should they need to contact parents/guardians during camp.
- Knives or other sharp and dangerous implements
- Matches or lighters
- Chewing or bubble gum
Mountain Trails does not take responsibility for items that “grow legs” and go missing. Any restricted items that have been confiscated will not be returned until campers reach their drop off point at the end of the week.